Monday 2 December 2013

Listings galore

Hello everyone!

So the past couple of weeks I've been thinking about how to improve all the platforms which I use to promote my business, this included rethinking how I use my facebook page, the products which I have on my Etsy page  and my website www.abbierussell.com.
I spent hours redesigning my website and adding new information and products to the site which paid off as I have had a lot more traffic viewing the site, I'm over the moon with how it looks now and I think it had a very clean and professional look which works well with my products.
Secondly I decided I must start posting more frequently to my Facebook page in order for people to start noticing I am there and forgetting about little me sitting in the corner, this has worked as again I've had a boost in viewings.
Similar things have been happening in my Etsy shop with new products being added every couple of days it seems more people are viewing my page than when I post all at once! I'm amazed how such small changes can make such a difference.

Anyway in between all of that I have also been contacting local and not so local shops in the hope to start stocking some of my products there, hopefully I will hear back from them soon with positive news!  I've also been making more cards which are very simple but I love them and this they are so effective, here are some pictures.



One of the first ones I decided to use red and gold as I feel these are very Christmassy colours, I stamped the bauble and sentiment before adding 6 tiny red rhinestones to finish the card.


Secondly I used purple and silver to create this card, done in the same way I added 6 purple rhinestones to finish this card.  Also the silver parts on the card have been embossed with silver powder, this gives some texture to the card.


To finish both cards I stamped "Happy Christmas" inside.

Hope you enjoyed reading today, I'll be back with more news.

Bye for now!
Abbie x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Abbie. I am delighted to hear about your progress and I'm sure your business will go from strength to strength. Love the Christmas card designs.
    Kind regards
    David.
    P.s Did you have your visit to Beamish hotel?. What did you think

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David, Thank you very much!
    Abbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your website looks like it is doing well for you! These cards really look pretty! It's good that you're noticing changes once you do the little things, as far as your website is concerned. This gives you pointers on what to do to increase traffic. Taking note of these will help in spreading the word about your website and adding more customers!
    Sean Spear @ Spearnet.org

    ReplyDelete